5 Ways to Dissolve a Dispute with Your Mate
You said go left, they said go right. They want to eat dinner at home, you want to go out for dinner. The two of you haven’t been on one accord for some time. Your mate has literally worked your last nerve!! I mean the very sound of them breathing irritates you.
And then, the explosion happens and both of you begin yelling back and forth about the most ridiculous things. It’s pretty clear you both have allowed small things to build up by not addressing them when they occurred, and now the petty picking has caused complete chaos.
Here are a few ways that will hopefully bring you down from a ten to a two.
- RUN– I hear you laughing… I don’t mean run away from them. Instead, throw on some workout clothes and run around your neighborhood or go to the gym. Now if you don’t exercise on a regular, don’t overdo it.
- RELAX– A warm bubble bath and a glass of your favorite beverage surely can help relieve you from the stress of the situation.
- RESPECT– Just as you want your significant other to hear you and acknowledge your perspective, they too desire the same. Ouch! Often times we are so worked up because they didn’t listen to or agree with us, yet we didn’t afford them the same.
- REMEMBER– Remind yourself that the two of you are on the same team and that is why you chose “to do life” with them. Your mate is not your enemy. If your relationship with them has been solid to this point, no speed bump or pot hole along your path can demolish it.
- RESUME– Once the situation has de-escalated, agree to resume the conversation. Tension may still be present, but choose to work towards a resolution. After all… a bout of intense fellowship surely can lead to romancing and dancing in the bedroom later (wink, wink).
What are some ways you have used to re-unite after a lover’s quarrel?
Share with others in the comment section below.
Photo cred: Tomwang112